Sunday, November 11, 2012

Color Club Halo Hues ~ Cloud Nine


Today I decided to try my first of the Halo Hues. This is Cloud Nine, a light pink-lilac colour. 

As I applied this polish I was a bit disappointed in the colour. This is supposed to be the "purple" of the collection so I wished it would be a more vibrant purple. It kind of reminds me of Glitter Gal Frappe, but not as sheer. 

The formula was ok, better than nfu oh/gosh/layla/MUS, but not as good as OPI/Jade. I'd say it's on par with the china glaze OMGs. It was a bit thick and there was some pulling and streaking. I ended up using 3 coats followed by Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat. It did dry fast though which was nice. 

This would be a good colour for someone looking for a more neutral, but still in-your-face-holographic polish. The base colour is quite dull. I'd show you but I wasn't able to capture it in a photo, maybe in cloudy daylight it would work. Under every light source I tried, all I could get was holographic rainbows!
   
        
                                                   

Many of the pictures show a blue cast and that's because 
the holographic effect is just so strong!


Below is a picture under the least rainbow inducing artificial light source I could find!


In the end, I was pleasantly surprised with how holographic Cloud Nine was. That quality definitely makes up for the dullness of the colour. If you love holos I'd say the Color Club Halo Hues are a must!



**Edit. Here is a picture I took in cloudy daylight the next day =)

I really love how Cloud Nine has a foil look. It's not matte like the nfu oh/MUS/Gosh/Laylas. It gives the polish dimension and even in the shade it still looks gorgeous!

This polish is definitely one of the most holo I own. I'm looking forward to comparing it to others. 

Any suggestions what I should compare it to??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, feel free to leave your thoughts! ^^^ I love reading comments.
Thanks for stopping by! =D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...