Friday, December 13, 2013

Miss Universe ~ OPI ~ This Gown Needs A Crown

Hi everyone! Hope you're all doing well. I finally finished my first term of grad school! Now I'll have plenty of time to catch up, write and share over winter break =)

Today I have for you: 
OPI ~ This Gown Needs A Crown

It's from the new OPI Miss Universe Collection 2013


This polish is special because it's also a new finish type. They call it a satin finish and you are not supposed to use a top coat. I find it's a cross between a suede finish and a matte glitter/foil finish, but it dries extremely smooth! The finish is very unique.

I also like that this polish dries super quickly, which is nice considering you can't use a top coat with it or you'll lose the satin finish. The application is also smooth and easy. I used 2 coats here. I also saw swatches in the store where they used 1 thin coat over a different coloured polish and it looked really neat.

The bottle also comes with a pretty jewelled crown on a plastic band. I suppose you could use it as a ring?


I have a ton of glitter and silver polishes, but This Gown Needs A Crown is unlike any polish I own! Overall it has a unique finish that is nice to feel after wearing all these "sand" textured polishes that are out now. It is build-able in that you can wear it sheer or opaque. It's also super sparkly in the light! Really great for when you want sparkle without it being too in your face =)


   
Have you tried this polish? Do you like the finish??

1 comment:

  1. I think I like this new finish way more than the textured ones. Stunning colour too :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, feel free to leave your thoughts! ^^^ I love reading comments.
Thanks for stopping by! =D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...