Sunday, March 30, 2014

NOPI ~ On What Grounds?

Hello Everyone!

Today on the way home I stopped by Shoppers and found these interesting Limited Edition NOPI "Roughles" polishes. There were 4 spring textured colours. I decided to grab the teal: 

"NOPI ~ On What Grounds?"

I would have grabbed all 4 (yellow, pink, purple, teal) but they were $10.99 a pop =(

On What Grounds is a teal texture "Roughles"?? polish with darker teal and grey specks. It looks both bright and pastel depending on the lighting. 




The instructions tell you not to use a top coat. This is to allow the textured effect to show!

The finish starts of pretty rough, but as it wears it gets smoother. I would recommend not wearing delicate snagable fabrics while wearing these polishes.

So what do you think of it? I'm on the fence. I love the colour and I think it's definitely better than plain creme textured polishes, but I'm not sure if I'm sold. I asked my mom what she thought of it and she said it looks like concrete =( I think it somewhat resembles candy speckled eggs! 



I wore 2 coats of "On What Grounds" without a base coat and a week later it still looks perfect! It's just a bit sanded down and smoother now, but there were no chips and only slight tip wear which is expected.

I think I'd like to try a few of the other colours from this collection, if only they were cheaper! Well hopefully they go on sale lol...

Do you like this polish??

Can anyone tell me what "Roughles" means???
I get that it's a play on words of "rough" but "ruffles" still doesn't make sense to me for this polish... lol oh well

edit** I found a full display the other day so I snapped a pic. Here you can see the other colours =)

1 comment:

  1. I love this colour and I love texture. This is super pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, feel free to leave your thoughts! ^^^ I love reading comments.
Thanks for stopping by! =D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...